Friday, March 28, 2008

Something is Better than Nothing!

The Power of Taking Action













"So I admit that in the past I have tried every diet and exercise program out there.

Even when I didn't need to lose weight I was always on the lookout for that next best thing; that diet that would be the answer to my prayers. It became such a way of life. I would scan the shelves at the bookstore for the latest and greatest., buy the book/program, read it, get very excited, jump on the bandwagon and then two days later fall off......never to jump back on! I have what amounts to a small library of diet books and programs.

So now two things are happening here.

I was on the Fit Yummy Mummy program for 9 days before I got sick.

That was the longest period I had ever followed any program. Success!
Then I got sick - it took another 10 days to fully recover. And one week to revert back to my old habits. Not so much of a success. I kept telling myself that I'd get back on the program 'tomorrow.'
But tomorrow never came!!

So the other day I made the decision that I wasn't just going to sit and do nothing. Even if I wasn't doing everything, I was going to do something.

So I started drinking all my water again (what a difference that small step makes in my hunger level and cravings). I'm not following the workouts again yet but I'm not just sitting on the couch either (although right now I AM in front of the computer)! I am not eating supportively but neither is my eating out of control (which is a huge thing for me)!

So I guess all I'm saying is that for those of you out there in the same boat - who've fallen off the wagon but are anxious to get back on..............do something!

If it can't be everything, let it be something, because something is always better than nothing."

~ Kathleen, Age 35, Mom of 2 Boys, Ontario, Canada

The members of ClubFYM are
Taking Action and making a difference.


You are invited to DO SOMETHING

= = = >
Sign Up HERE



No comments: