Sunday, December 30, 2007

5 Successful Diet Tips and Sample Meal Plan

"Diet" Strategies that DO lead to Successful Weight Loss
What and How you need to Eat to get Results

When it comes to achieving your weight loss goals for the New Year, diets are not the way to go. The typical diet focuses on deprivation and denial and only leads to weight gain.

If your goal is to supercharge your metabolism and burn the stubborn pounds of fat - you need to EAT!

Therefore when I refer to the word "diet" within the Fit Yummy Mummy context - it means How and What you eat.

Here are 5 surefire "diet" strategies you can implement now so you can see and feel results in a matter of weeks!

1. Write down everything you eat for 3 to 5 days - this at least gives you a starting point for what habits you have and what needs to be tweaked.

2. Eat something every 3 to 4 hours - starting with Breakfast! Yes you are super busy and it may seem hard at the start - but you can and you must do so. Ease yourself into the habit by eating something....then tweak your choices as you feel more comfortable with this new routine.

3. Cut out or cut down on anything that is processed - ready to eat in a bag, can or box (yes this includes frozen meals) - you will substitute these foods with whole, natural foods - if you couold hunt it or harvest it - it is a good choice.

4. Every meal needs to have a protein - lean meat, fish, nuts, beans, dairy, or soy products. Compliment with lots of fresh or frozen fruits and/or veggies. Complex carbs can also be added in moderation to each meal.

5. Do not Drink your Calories - this is the quickest way to initiate weight loss. Your body has no choice but to store these empty calories as fat. Trade these drinks out for water. You will not only notice a difference in your jeans, but in your energy levels as well.

A Sample Fit Yummy Mummy Meal Plan:

Breakfast: rolled oats, blueberries, soy milk and walnuts
Snack: fruit and nuts
Lunch: whole wheat tortilla rolled with turkey, spinach and salsa, side of baby carrots
Snack: triscuits and string cheese with grapes
Dinner: salmon, brown rice, broccoli

Are you ready to give up dieting forever, eat your favorite foods and shed stubborn fat faster than ever? The Fit Yummy Mummy Lifestyle System has the most practical, family-friendly, step-by-step meal planning system you could ever ask for. Combine these metabolism boosting meals with Short Burst Exercises and you achieve results twice as fast! No need to wait to the New Year - Sign Up and begin your Yummy Transformation Today!

“Since joining Fit Yummy Mummy, I have noticed more results in four weeks than I have in 10 years of exercising. I have always been an advocate of exercise. I would exercise five days a week and still not notice a change in my body. It was not until Holly’s help and guidance did I realize that it was the way I was eating. In four weeks I lost five pounds, 2% body fat, and 4 1/2 inches total. I have more energy and I am happier. Thank you Holly for your time and dedicated support to creating a new me”. ~ Bridget McKinley

“I am a very active person. I've always tried to exercise at least three times a week for years. The one thing I didn't do, though, was watch what I ate. I thought if I exercised I really didn't need to count calories or read labels. As I've gotten older I've found that I can't eat the same way I could ten years ago.

I gave Fit Yummy Mummy a try because I thought I could use a little help with my lifestyle habits. The program was fun and encouraging. I didn't find following this new regime hard either because it's not a diet it's a healthy lifestyle change. Holly taught me what to look for on nutrition labels and the importance of women eating supportively in order to lose more fat. At first it was hard to change eating habits but I have gotten used to eating 5 small meals and it keeps me satisfied. I'm never starved feeling and I never feel deprived. I never thought I would see such big results in 4 week's time but I did! It's been awesome!” ~ Ronda Williams

No comments: