Sunday, October 14, 2007

Live and Learn

I came across this important message posted on SolutionsForBusyMoms.com

Title:

An important reminder from my little girl

The other day I was in the car with my 3 year old daughter. I started one of my little routines with her..."Shayna, I love you more than ice cream. I love you more than flowers. I love you more than chocolate."
"Mommy..." She interrupted...
"Yes?"
"You also have to love yourself."...

This is a great reminder to all the busy moms out there who have gallantly taken on taken on the multitude of tasks that consume our daily schedules. It is so easy to push your own needs down your list of priorities. Soon, you chuck your good intentions to make time for you, to meet your own needs.

This is a great time to stop and ask yourself what type of example you are setting for your children. They are paying attention...and with great detail. What lessons are they learing from a mom who is too busy to stick to her own word, to take care of herself, to honor her hopes and dreams, to outwardly practice self-love?

What type of life do you want for your children? Are you living it?

No comments: