Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fat Blasting Holiday Workout

Have 15 Minutes?

Short burst exercise is your solution to to burning Fat Calories - not just calories, over the holidays. High intensity exercise burns off significantly more body fat than traditional, steady-state endurance exercise. You work your entire body in a very short period of time. You will boost your metabolism, feel energized, beat holiday stress and look great, all from a mere 15 minutes of your day.
.
Perform the pair of exercises in Superset A 2-4 times in a row with little to no rest, before moving on to Superset B to repeat 2-4 times in a row. Conclude with burpees for intervals.

Superset A
1. Dumbbell Swings - 10-20
2. T-Ups - 6-10




;
.
.
.
.
Superset B
1. Reverse Lunge - 6-10
2. V-Ups - 8-15







.
.
Intervals with Burpees







Perform sequence of burpees for 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds, repeat for a total of 4 to 6 minutes. Yes, it is intense and yes that is all you need to do for "cardio" for your holiday workout.
.
For 16 weeks, of step by step, fat blasting, short burst workouts be sure to get the Fit Yummy Mummy Lifestyle System and begin your Yummy transformation today!

5 comments:

Dena Gottlieb said...

Thank you for this set of exercises.
I am just getting over a month of pneumonia and I haven't gone to the gym in weeks.
It felt good to do something.
'Course, I stayed at the lower end of the number of reps but it got my heart going.
It's a bit hard to make out from the small pix though, how to do each exercise. Hope I got it right.
Especially those "burpees". Lucky for me I used to take an exercise class where I think we did them, so I sorta remember.
All the best
Dena
http://mynaturalfitness.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,

I am from India and came to know about your site through turbulence training newsletter.
I just gave these exercises a try, and it surely made me sweat. It's been 3 long years and I still haven't been able to get rid of my baby fat & jelly belly, but I guess now I can atleast give this a try.
Thanks for this. Hope to see some more posts on workouts.

P.S. - Just a question - Is it harder for Asian women to lose baby fat? What do you think?

Tannu

Dena Gottlieb said...

Hi. I'm back.
I just wanted to mention that the day after I did these exercises my entire body was in pain, including muscles in my neck. I should have known better. It's a simple but extreme workout, so if you are out of shape (which I was) it is recommended to be really careful with this workout. It IS a total body workout and it's going to hurt like heck afterwards.
Today is 3 days after and my muscles are just about ok now.
Dena
http://mynaturalfitness.com/blog

Emilie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emilie said...

It totally kicks my butt! I love it! Currently I am trying to do it 3 times a week in my office. The first few times I tried it, I was SO sore. I tried to get my husband to do it, but he still thinks you have to workout longer than 15 minutes. So far, I can only handle 15 minutes of this! Thank you for posting this routine.

Emilie
www.shoopfitness.com