Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Healthy Meals in a Hurry

No time to Eat? Have 5 Minutes?

My favorite Meals in a Hurry meal take less than 5 minutes to prep! Ingredients are cheap and easy to keep on hand. Each meal contains a quality protein - which is essential in every meal, to not only provide your body with vitamins and minerals necessary for growth, but to keep you satisfied and help BOOST your Metabolism!

Enjoy and feel free to add your own creative twists.

Mexican Tuna
~Add salsa and veggies - tomatoes, onions, etc. Eat open face, I love mine on a bed of spinach. Or make into a sandwich, serve on toasted Whole Grain bread, wrap in a Whole Wheat tortilla or serve on a Whole Grain bagel.

Greek Tuna
~ Add Hummus and veggies - tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, etc.. Eat open face, tasty to serve in a bed of romaine. Or make into a Whole Wheat wrap.

Accelerated Eggs
~ Crack 1-2 egg or egg whites onto a slightly toasted WW English muffin. Cook in microwave or in toaster over until firm. Grab a piece of fruit and you are good to go.

Soy, Bean Burrito
~ Add black beans, tofu crumbles, shredded cheese, diced jalapenos to a Whole Wheat tortilla. Eat warm or cold.

Breakfast Burrito
~ Scrambled eggs wrapped in Whole Wheat tortilla topped with cheese, salsa and spinach.

Remember, the key to making any meal quick and easy is to plan ahead. Have a plan for what you are going to eat, make sure the foods are available and your "no time to eat" delima is solved!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also find that whole wheat wraps are a lifesaver!

I take a whole wheat wrap and think to myself "Okay, now I just need protien and veg" and whip something up with whatever I've got in the fridge.

After you've got a protien and veg, you may want to 'dress it up' with either some condiments (jarred roasted red pepper, olives, hot peppers etc) or a 'shpritz' of salad dressing or some kind of low-cal sauce like a thai peanut or teriaki. If I want something sweet I mix mustard and agave nectar for a 'honey mustard'.

I find that after eating a wrap I am always comforatably full (not stuffed) and I feel full for hours! And I don't experience the energy dip that I used to get after eating bread - especially any kind of white bread product.

Rose said...

Sarah is right about wraps! If you already have some vegetables and stuff chopped up in your fridge (I usually do) then you just take a bunch of stuff... throw it on the tortilla... wrap it up and eat it! Wraps are my favorite hurry-up meal.